Sökning: "Democracy and freedom of speech"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 avhandlingar innehållade orden Democracy and freedom of speech.
1. Yttrandefrihetens dilemman : Debatten om hetspropaganda, mediekoncentration samt personlig integritet mellan 1940- och 2000-tal
Sammanfattning : This thesis focuses on different types of value conflicts that have been actualized by proposals of legislation on freedom of speech. The thesis analyses three different debates which each relate to a different type of value conflict. LÄS MER
2. Varför yttrandefrihet? : Om rättfärdigandet av yttrandefrihet med utgångspunkt från fem centrala argument i den demokratiska idétraditionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis focuses primarily on the question ”why is freedom of speech valuable in a democratic context?” I argue that it is problematic that free-dom of speech takes for granted and that the main question therefore is absent in current political science research, in legal texts, and in public discourse. I also argue that in democratic states the focus, regarding freedom of speech, is often on its boundaries and limits rather than on its justification. LÄS MER
3. The Politics of Legal Challenges to Pornography: Canada, Sweden, and the United States
Sammanfattning : The dissertation analyzes obstacles and potential in democracies, specifically Canada, Sweden, and United States, to effectively address empirically documented harms of pornography. Legislative and judicial challenges under different democratic and legal frameworks are compared. LÄS MER
4. Freedom of expression in armed conflict : The silence between spaces
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the relationship between international human rights law (IHRL) and international humanitarian law (IHL) in regards to the right to freedom of expression in armed conflict. Freedom of expression is a touchstone of other human rights and a cornerstone of democracy. LÄS MER
5. De länkade orden : Den digitala arenans dynamik
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis is to explore freedom of speech and aspects of credibility related to the Internet. The phenomenon freedom of speech is seen and examined principally from a communicative perspective. Theoretically the thesis is based on three key concepts: Internet, freedom of speech, and credibility. LÄS MER