Sökning: "Definition of religion"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 94 avhandlingar innehållade orden Definition of religion.
1. Evocatio deorum : Historical and mythical interpretations of ritualised conquests in the expansion of ancient RomeDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The dissertation examines the historical evidence, and the historiographical and mythical aspects of the sources, of the evocatio-ritual of Republican Rome. According to some ancient sources, the tutelary deity of an enemy city was, just before a conquest, "called out", that is, asked to abandon the city and promised a new temple in Rome. LÄS MER
2. According to whose will The entanglements of gender & religion in the lives of transgender Jews with an Orthodox backgroundDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This study, the first in its scope on transgender religiosity, is based on in-depth biographical interviews with 13 transgender participants with a Jewish Orthodox background (currently and formerly Orthodox). The primary aim of the study has been to elucidate the entanglements of gender and religion in three periods of the participants’ lives: pre-transition, transition and post-transition. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The thesis poses the question, why were Volksbücher read and loved by some people in the early modern period and at the same time criticized by others. By doing so three important goals are aimed at : 1 ) to arrive at a better and more stable definition of the concept of the Volksbuch ; 2 ) to develop a better and more adequate reception theory for premodern and early modern culture, readers and literature, than has hitherto been concieved ; 3 ) to get a better understanding of Volksbücher as literary objects, of their mode of expression. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Theology
Sammanfattning : This dissertation examines mission museums established by Catholic mission congregations in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland from the 1890s onwards. The aim is to provide the first extensive study on these museums in a way that contributes to current blind spots in mission history, and the history of anthropology and museology. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Centre for Theology and Religious Studies, Lund University
Sammanfattning : It is a contested question in contemporary theories of religion whether the concept of religion can be defined in a sound way or not. Many theorists maintain that a universal but delimiting definition is impossible. LÄS MER