Sökning: "Daniel Wilson"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden Daniel Wilson.
1. Holographic Wilson Loops : Quantum String Corrections
Sammanfattning : The gauge-string duality has been one of the most exciting areas in theoretical physics as it connects strongly coupled field theories with weakly interacting strings. The present thesis concerns the study of Wilson loops in this correspondence. LÄS MER
2. Dynamics of peptide chains during co-translational translocation, membrane integration & domain folding
Sammanfattning : The biosynthesis of proteins occurs at the ribosomes, where amino acids are linked together into linear chains. Nascent protein chains may undergo several different processes during their synthesis. Some proteins begin to fold, while others interact with chaperones, targeting factors or processing enzymes. LÄS MER
3. Characterizing Elongation of Protein Synthesis and Fusidic Acid Resistance in Bacteria
Sammanfattning : Protein synthesis is a highly complex process executed by the ribosome in coordination with mRNA, tRNAs and translational protein factors. Several antibiotics are known to inhibit bacterial protein synthesis by either targeting the ribosome or the proteins factors involved in translation. LÄS MER
4. Structural characterisation of mitochondrial macromolecular complexes using cryo-EM : Mitoribosome biogenesis and respiratory chain supercomplex
Sammanfattning : Mitochondria, popularly known as powerhouse of the cell, contain specialised mitoribosomes that synthesise essential membrane proteins. These essential proteins are required to form enzyme complexes, which carry out the process of oxidative phosphorylation (OXPHOS). LÄS MER
5. Phase transitions and phase frustration in multicomponent superconductors
Sammanfattning : Multicomponent superconductors described by several complex matter fields have properties radically different from those of their single-component counterparts. Examples include partially ordered phases and spontaneous breaking of time-reversal symmetry due to frustration between Josephson-coupled components. LÄS MER