Sökning: "Cross-sectional study"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1319 avhandlingar innehållade orden Cross-sectional study.
1. Musculoskeletal pain, memory, and aging : Cross-sectional and longitudinal findings
Sammanfattning : The general aim of the thesis was to investigate potential differences in memory performance between participants across the adult life span with and without self-reported musculoskeletal pain. Chronic musculoskeletal pain is a major health related problem in our society. LÄS MER
2. Aspects of Declarative Memory Functioning in Adulthood : Cross-Sectional and Longitudinal Studies
Sammanfattning : The general objective of the thesis was to examine aspects of declarative memory functioning across the adult life span. The four papers were based on data collected as part of the Betula Prospective Cohort Study (Nilsson et al., 1997) and included largescale population-based samples of participants in the age range 35 to 90. LÄS MER
3. Orofacial pain and tooth wear in swedish adults : cross-sectional studies in southern Sweden
Sammanfattning : Aim. The present licentiate thesis investigated the prevalence of TMDpainand related factors, the prevalence and severity of tooth wear, andthe etiology and factors related to tooth wear in adults in southern Sweden.Methods. The methods used included a questionnaire, history, clinical examination,intraoral photographs, and saliva sample. LÄS MER
4. Force, falls and fear of falls in myotonic dystrophy type 1. Cross-sectional and longitudinal studies
Sammanfattning : ABSTRACT Background: Myotonic dystrophy type 1 (DM1) is a neuromuscular multisystemic disorder with slowly progressive muscle weakness. The overall purpose of this thesis was, in adult patients with DM1, to investigate factors of importance for functional balance skills and falls, and to investigate the natural course of muscle force and functional balance impairments, with reliable measurement methods. LÄS MER
5. Diet and Cardiometabolic Disease : Dietary trends and the impact of diet on diabetes and cardiovascular disease
Sammanfattning : Cardiovascular diseases are the leading cause of death in most industrialised countries and in developing countries the trend in cardiovascular-related deaths is increasing. World-wide, type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) is an emerging cause of disability and premature death. LÄS MER