Sökning: "Contaminant transport modelling"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 15 avhandlingar innehållade orden Contaminant transport modelling.
1. Assessment of the Long-Term Transport Processes and Chemical Evolution in Waste Deposits
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
2. Environmental sanitation situation and solute transport in variably saturated soil in peri-urban Kampala
Sammanfattning : The environmental sanitation situation in Kampala’s peri-urban areas was reviewed and investigated through field studies, structured interviews with personnel from key institutions and administration of questionnaires to households in a selected peri-urban settlement (Bwaise III Parish). In this settlement, specific field and laboratory measurements were undertaken so as to create a better understanding of the environmental sanitation situation, anthropogenic pollution loads and their transport and impact (with a focus on Phosphorus) in Kampala’s Peri-urban areas in pursuit of interventions for improving the environmental sanitation and protecting the shallow groundwater resource there. LÄS MER
3. Data preparation, hydrodynamic and contaminant transport shallow-water simulations of Lake Victoria
Sammanfattning : This study explores shallow lake numerical hydrodynamic processes that support model development and validation, extreme events and effects of water circulation in Lake Victoria. Lake Victoria is the second largest freshwater lake in the world, and the largest in East Africa. LÄS MER
4. Modelling of Turbulent Flow and Heat Transfer for Building Ventilation
Sammanfattning : This thesis contributes to studies on the assessment of building ventilation performance and the development of turbulence models accounting for Low-Reynolds-number (LRN) effects and buoyant convection with heat transfer. Assessments of building ventilation performance are discussed with respect to indoor air distribution and passive contaminant dispersion. LÄS MER
5. In the Pipe or End of Pipe? : Transport and Dispersion of Water-borne Pollutants and Feasibility of Abatement Measures
Sammanfattning : Eutrophication is one of the key environmental problems of today, both in terms of complexity and magnitude. For the Baltic Sea (BS), eutrophication is an acute problem, leading to hypoxic conditions at the bottom; a situation that is sustained and amplified, when phosphorus is released from hypoxic sediments. LÄS MER