Sökning: "Christine Brulin"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 17 avhandlingar innehållade orden Christine Brulin.
1. Postoperative recovery : development of a multi-dimensional questionnaire for assessment of Recovery
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to present a multi-dimensional instrument for self-assessment of progress in postoperative recovery. The author employs different research paradigms and methodologies to achieve this aim. Walker and Avant’s approach to concept analysis was used to examine the basic elements of postoperative recovery (Study I). LÄS MER
2. Burnout, work, stress of conscience and coping among female and male patrolling police officers
Sammanfattning : Background. Police work is a stressful occupation with frequent exposure to traumatic events and psychological strain from work might increase the risk of burnout. This thesis focuses on patrolling police officers (PPO), who work most of their time in the community and have daily contact with the public. LÄS MER
3. Improving venous blood specimen collection practices : method development and evaluation of an educational intervention program
Sammanfattning : Background: About 60%–80% of decisions regarding diagnosis and treatment are based on laboratory test results. Low adherence to venous blood specimen collection (VBSC) guidelines may lead to erroneous or delayed test results, causing patient harm and high healthcare costs. LÄS MER
4. Purpose in life among very old people
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to explore purpose in life among very old people. The proportion of elderly is increasing in Sweden, especially among the group of very old aged over 85 years. Ageing has been associated from some perspectives with health, wisdom, maturity, and inner strength. LÄS MER
5. Symptoms and care seeking behaviour during myocardial infarction in patients with diabetes
Sammanfattning : Background: In Myocardial infarction (MI) it is well established that timely diagnosis and treatment may reduce mortality and improve the prognosis. Therefore it is important that patients with MI seek medical care as soon as possible. Patients with diabetes have a higher risk for MI and worse prognosis compared to patients without diabetes. LÄS MER