Sökning: "Christina Ekerfelt"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 11 avhandlingar innehållade orden Christina Ekerfelt.
1. Interferon-Υ and interleukin-4 in health and disease : Studies on Borrelia infection, inflammatory polyneuropathies and normal pregnancy
Sammanfattning : Background: The immune system needs stringent regulation in order to effectively eliminate infecting agents and, at the same time, protect the body from immunemediated tissue destruction. T cells have a major role in this regulation by secreting cytokines. LÄS MER
2. Laboratory methods for investigation of the immunological orchestra in response to pathogens
Sammanfattning : Laboratory methods used for investigation of immune response often involve collection of whole blood and analysis of different biomarkers in blood components or generated from pathogen stimulation of whole blood or peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC). Methods used to measure biomarkers are for example enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) which measures one biomarker at a time or multiplex assays for example x-unknown, multi-analyte profiling (xMAP) by Luminex or proximity extension assay (PEA), which can measure up to just over 3000 biomarkers at a time. LÄS MER
3. Immune mechanisms in Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato infection in relation to clinical outcome
Sammanfattning : Lyme borreliosis (LB) is the most common tick-borne disease in the northern hemisphere. The infection is caused by spirochaetes from the Borrelia (B.) burgdorferi sensu lato (s.l. LÄS MER
4. Local Immune regulation in human pregnancy : with focus on decidual macrophages
Sammanfattning : During pregnancy, the woman carries a fetus partly foreign to her immune system, because of the expression of paternal antigens. Despite this, the fetus is normally tolerated and not rejected, as is often the case with organs in allogeneic transplantations. LÄS MER
5. Cytokine responses in human Lyme borreliosis : The role of T helper 1-like immunity and aspects of gender and co-exposure in relation to disease course
Sammanfattning : Lyme borreliosis was first described some 30 years ago in the USA. Today, it is the most common vector borne disease in Europe and the USA. The disease can have multiple stages and symptoms can manifest from various parts of the body; joints, skin heart and nervous system. In Europe, neuroborreliosis is the most frequent late stage diagnosis. LÄS MER