Sökning: "Child and Youth Psychiatry"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 35 avhandlingar innehållade orden Child and Youth Psychiatry.
1. The First Meeting at Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Sammanfattning : Children and parents who visited child and adolescent psychiatry (CAP) for the first time were interviewed in the presence of their therapists about the first meeting. The interview was intended to make the attendants describe in their own words what the meeting was like for them. LÄS MER
2. Adulthood Outcomes of Child and Adolescent Depression : From Mental Health to Social Functioning
Sammanfattning : Depression is a common mental disorder affecting people across the lifespan, with first onset frequently occurring in the teenage years. The disorder is costly to society and constitutes one of the leading causes of disability in youths and adults worldwide. LÄS MER
3. ADHD and stress : Diurnal cortisol levels, early psychosocial adversity and perceived stress
Sammanfattning : The Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal axis (HPA-axis) with its end product cortisol mediates the physiological response to stress thereby promoting mobilization of energy. The cortisol levels follow a diurnal rhythm with a distinct awakening response. LÄS MER
4. Depression and Antisocial Behaviour in Adolescents : Influence of Social Status, Shaming, and Gene-Environment Interaction
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigated (1) social status and shaming experiences in relation to aggressive behaviour and depression, and (2) gene-environment interactions between two genetic polymorphisms related to the serotonergic system – MAOA-VNTR and 5HTTLPR – and experiences of maltreatment in relation to delinquent behaviour and depression among adolescents. The four included studies are based on questionnaire data from the Survey of Adolescent Life in Vestmanland 2006 (SALVe-2006). LÄS MER
5. Tourette Syndrome and Tic Disorders in a Swedish School Population : Prevalence, Clinical Assessment, Background, Psychopathology, and Cognitive Function
Sammanfattning : A total population of 4,479 children (7-15 years of age) attended school in Ludvika & Smedjebacken in 2000. All the school children and their parents were asked to fill in a questionnaire concerning different tics A three-stage procedure was used: tic identification, interview, and clinical assessment. LÄS MER