Sökning: "Carotid lesion"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 14 avhandlingar innehållade orden Carotid lesion.
- Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitetsbibliotek
Sammanfattning : Consequences of atherosclerosis may result in a number of diseases of the cardiovascular system that represent serious health problems and major causes of morbidity and mortality worldwide. Although it is initially considered as disease of fibro-lipid and thrombus deposition in the arterial wall, it also involves an ongoing inflammatory response. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Atherosclerosis is a chronic inflammatory disease, characterized by the accumulation of lipids and fibrous tissue in the wall of medium and large-sized arteries. The characteristic culprit of the disease is the atheroma, or atherosclerotic plaque, a patchy thickening of the arterial wall which affects the lumen, inducing various degrees of stenosis. LÄS MER
3. Fibromodulin and Dystrophin in Atherosclerosis: Novel roles for extracellular matrix in plaque developmentDetta är en avhandling från Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund Univeristy
Sammanfattning : Cardiovascular disease represents nearly half the cases of noncommunicable diseases worldwide and is the leading global cause of death. The main underlying cause is atherosclerosis, and in atherosclerotic plaque progression the structure, composition and integrity of a dynamic extracellular matrix (ECM) is one very important factor. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Atherosclerosis is a progressive inflammatory disease that causes lipid accumulation in the arterial wall, leading to the formation of plaques. The clinical manifestations of plaque rupture—stroke and myocardial infarction—are increasing worldwide and pose an enormous economic burden for society. LÄS MER
5. Identification of inflammatory genes involved in the pathogenesis of human and experimental atherosclerosisDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Molecular Medicine and Surgery
Sammanfattning : Atherosclerosis is a chronic systemic inflammatory disease of large and medium sized arteries, developing slowly and silently over decades. The disease is usually not apparent until occurrence of a sudden clinical symptom, such as myocardial infarction (MI) or stroke. LÄS MER