Sökning: "Bone biomechanics"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 19 avhandlingar innehållade orden Bone biomechanics.
1. The Anabolic - Anti-catabolic Paradigm of Augmenting Skeletal Regeneration: A Bone Quality PerspectiveDetta är en avhandling från Department of Biomedical Engineering, Lund university
Sammanfattning : Successful fracture repair is a complex series of coordinated processes leading to regeneration of new bone to bridge the fracture site, remodelling of the newly formed bone and restoration of skeletal function. Disruption of these processes occurs in approximately 10% of all fractures and leads to delayed or failed healing requiring surgical interventions, increased complication rates, prolonged rehabilitation and high morbidity. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Osteoporosis is a major health care problem, by reason of its devastating consequences, in particular hip fractures. Worldwide it has been estimated that the incidence of hip fracture will increase to more than 6 million per year by 2050 compared to 1.7 million per year in 1990. LÄS MER
3. On the influence of micro-and macroscopic surface modifications on bone integration of titanium implantsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Background: Osseointegrated titanium implants are routinely used in clinical denstistry as anchorage units for dental prostheses. Although the overall clinical results are good, there are clinical situations when an optimized implant healing is desirable, for instance in order to shorten healing periods and to allow immediate loading. LÄS MER
4. On the role of surface properties for implant fixation : From finite element modeling to in vivo studiesDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to gain a deeper understanding of the factors contributing to the fixation of bone-anchored implants, especially with regard to surface chemistry, surface topography and implant loading. The methodology used in the thesis ranges from systematic bench studies, computer simulations, experimental in vivo studies, to load cell measurements on patients treated with bone-anchored amputation prostheses. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköpings universitet
Sammanfattning : The incidence of femoral neck fractures in elderly people is rising requiring large health care resources. Internal fixation of the fracture is the treatment of choice in Scandinavia, but in 20-40% of the cases a late complication such as a segmental collapse of the femoral head after initial bone necrosis, or a non-union of the fracture because of non-healing, will occur. LÄS MER