Sökning: "Beta cell"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 634 avhandlingar innehållade orden Beta cell.
1. Studies of neuropeptides in pancreatic beta cell function with special emphasis on islet amyloid polypeptide (IAPP)Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The presence of protein amyloid in pancreas and its association to diabetes was first described 100 years ago in 1901, but was not identified as Islet Amyloid Polypeptide (IAPP) until 1986. The aim of the present work was to determine the role of the beta cell hormone, IAPP, in normal pancreatic islet physiology and during early disturbances of islet function. LÄS MER
2. Pancreatic extracellular communication. Applications to beta cell cultures and islet amyloid polypeptide aggregationDetta är en avhandling från Gothenburg : Chalmers tekniska högskola
Sammanfattning : Diabetes mellitus (DM) is a disease with epidemic proportions due to increased incidences worldwide, persistence of undiagnosed cases, uncontrolled forms of the disease, association with cardiovascular complications, and lack of definitive treatment options. In particular, type 2 DM (T2DM) is placing an enormous financial burden on worldwide healthcare systems that will increase in the futureThere is a need to develop physiological assay platforms that provide functionally relevant models of diabetes in order to accelerate the discovery of new treatments. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Intellecta Infolog AB
Sammanfattning : Transforming Growth Factor Beta (TGF-β) is a cytokine regulating a wide range of cellular processes such as proliferation, differentiation, and migration. At the early stages of cancer development TGF-β functions as a tumor suppressor, mainly due to its inhibitory effect on cellular growth, but during cancer progression, mutations in TGF-β signal components switches TGF-β into a promoter of cancer cell proliferation, survival and metastasis. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stem Cell Center, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Diabetes mellitus is metabolic disorder caused by a defect or lack of beta cell-produced insulin that controls blood glucose homeostasis. In addition to glucose, insulin secretion is regulated by the autonomic nervous system (ANS); the neurotransmitter acetylcholine as well as monoamines, such as dopamine, serotonin, melatonin and norepinephrine. LÄS MER
5. Protein tyrosine kinases in insulin producing cells : Expression and putative importance for beta-cell functionDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Protein tyrosine kinases are of importance for cell replication and differentiation in manysystems. The mechanisms controlling the replication and differentiation of insulin producingcells are unknown. LÄS MER