Sökning: "Arterial distensibility"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden Arterial distensibility.
1. Distensibility in Arteries, Arterioles and Veins in Humans Adaptation to Intermittent or Prolonged Change in Regional Intravascular PressureDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : The present series of in vivo experiments in healthy subjects, were performed to investigate wall stiffness in peripheral vessels and how this modality adapts to iterative increments or sustained reductions in local intravascular pressures. Vascular stiffness was measured as changes in arterial and venous diameters, and in arterial flow, during graded increments in distending pressures in the vasculature of an arm or a lower leg. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Fetal growth restriction has been linked to later cardiovascular disease, possibly through reduced arterial distensibility in response to a suboptimal intrauterine environment. This thesis sought firstly to examine the relationship between fetal growth and haemodynamics and their effect on later cardiovascular function and secondly to examine the effects of differential volume loading on arterial distensibility in genetically identical monochorionic twins with twin-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS) and to explore the effect that early treatment has on vascular development. LÄS MER
3. Diastolic left ventricular filling in 50-year-old male and female adults : Evaluation by Doppler echocardiographyDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Left ventricular (LV) diastolic filling abnormalities are seen in many patients with various cardiac disorders. Age is an important determinant of Doppler indices of LV diastolic filling. LÄS MER
4. Aspects on wall properties of the brachial artery in man with special reference to SLE and insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusDetta är en avhandling från Institutionen för medicin och hälsa
Sammanfattning : The mechanical properties of the arterial wall are of great importance for blood pressure regulation and cardiac load. With increasing age, large arteries are affected by increased wall stiffness. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Arterial pathology is the major contributor to cardiovascular diseases and mortality. The mechanical properties of arteries are independent factors for cardiovascular disease and mortality, where genetics influence the structure of the arterial wall, which may result in change in arterial stiffness. LÄS MER