Sökning: "Arterial Pulsatility"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 avhandlingar innehållade orden Arterial Pulsatility.
1. Cerebral arterial pulsatility imaging using 4D flow MRI : methodological development and applications in brain aging
Sammanfattning : 4D flow magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is increasingly recognizedas a versatile tool to assess arterial and venous hemodynamics. Cerebral arterial pulsatility is typically assessed by analyzing flow waveforms over the cardiac cycle, where flow amplitude is a function of cardiac output, central arterial stiffness, and cerebrovascular resistance and compliance. LÄS MER
2. Cerebral blood flow and intracranial pulsatility studied with MRI : measurement, physiological and pathophysiological aspects
Sammanfattning : During each cardiac cycle pulsatile arterial blood inflates the vascular bed of the brain, forcing cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and venous blood out of the cranium. Excessive arterial pulsatility may be part of a harmful mechanism causing cognitive decline among elderly. LÄS MER
3. Cerebral blood flow distribution, collateral function and pulsatility in healthy and in patients with symptomatic carotid stenosis : a magnetic resonance imaging approach
Sammanfattning : Background: For the detection and treatment of early cerebral vascular disease it is of paramount importance to first understand the normal physiology of the cerebral vasculature, and subsequently, to understand how and when pathology can develop from that. This is especially important as the population above 65 years of age is increasing and aging itself is an established risk factor for the development of cerebral vascular disease. LÄS MER
4. Analysis of ICP pulsatility and CSF dynamics : the pulsatility curve and effects of postural changes, with implications for idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus
Sammanfattning : The volume defined by the rigid cranium is shared by the brain, blood and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). With every heartbeat the arterial blood volume briefly increases and venous blood and CSF are forced out of the cranium, leading to pulsatility in CSF flow and intracranial pressure (ICP). LÄS MER
5. 4D flow MRI and modelling to assess cerebral arterial hemodynamics : method development and evaluation, with implementation in patients with symptomatic carotid stenosis
Sammanfattning : Blood flow measurements are important for understanding the development of cerebrovascular diseases. With 4D flow magnetic resonance imaging (4D flow MRI), simultaneous velocity measurements are obtained in all cerebral arteries in a scan of about ten minutes. However, 4D flow MRI is a relatively new technique. LÄS MER