Sökning: "Arnaud Can"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 avhandlingar innehållade orden Arnaud Can.
1. On the impact of noise and energy demand from traffic : An assessment using microscopic modelling
Sammanfattning : Noise emissions from transportation remain one of the greatest environmental issues of modern day. Inhabitants in urban environments are especially exposed, with almost 80 million people in the European Union exposed to noise levels exceeding the recommended limits set by the World Health Organization (WHO). LÄS MER
2. Impact of malaria on B-cell homeostasis and Epstein-Barr virus reactivation. Endemic Burkitt's lymphoma pathogenesis
Sammanfattning : Over recent years, the concept that many diseases can be aetiologically linked to infection by more than one pathogen has gained increased attention and awareness. Plasmodium falciparum (P. LÄS MER
3. Distributed Peer Discovery in Large-Scale P2P Streaming Systems : Addressing Practical Problems of P2P Deployments on the Open Internet
Sammanfattning : Peer-to-peer (P2P) techniques allow users with limited resources to distribute content to a potentially large audience by turning passive clients into peers. Peers can self-organize to distribute content to each other, increasing the scalability of the system and decreasing the publisher’s costs, compared to a publisher distributing the data himself using a content delivery network (CDN) or his own servers. LÄS MER
4. Applications of Partial Polymorphisms in (Fine-Grained) Complexity of Constraint Satisfaction Problems
Sammanfattning : In this thesis we study the worst-case complexity ofconstraint satisfaction problems and some of its variants. We use methods from universal algebra: in particular, algebras of total functions and partial functions that are respectively known as clones and strong partial clones. LÄS MER
5. Pair production of Higgs bosons in the final state with bottom quarks and τ leptons in the ATLAS experiment : Search results using LHC Run 2 data and prospect studies at the HL-LHC
Sammanfattning : After the discovery of the Higgs boson, the ultimate test of the electroweak symmetry breaking and the Standard Model (SM) of particle physics is to establish evidence of Higgs boson self-coupling, which can be achieved by searching for pair production of Higgs bosons. In addition, many theories beyond the SM predict heavy resonances that could decay into pairs of Higgs bosons. LÄS MER