Sökning: "Arms race"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 13 avhandlingar innehållade orden Arms race.
- Detta är en avhandling från Theoretical Ecology, Ecolgy Building, Lund University
Sammanfattning : In sexual conflicts and conflicts between parents and offspring, natural selection acts in different directions on the two sides. For example, males may be selected to achieve many mates, but female fitness may be maximised by monogamy. In this thesis I study the evolutionary outcome of these situations mainly by theoretical modelling. LÄS MER
2. Taxonomy, phylogeny, and secondary sexual character evolution of diving beetles, focusing on the genus AciliusDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : Sexual conflict can lead to antagonistic coevolution between the sexes, but empirical examples are few. In this thesis secondary sexual characters in diving beetles are interpreted in the light of sexual conflict theory. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Protein Chemistry, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Although the complement system, a pivotal component of innate immunty, is centrally involved in host defense against pathogens, its overactivation or deregulation may excessively amplify inflammation and contribute to immunopathology. Periodontitis, an oral infection-driven chronic inflammatory disease, has been linked with complement disruption by periodontal bacteria, resulting in inflammation and pathogenesis. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Ronneby : Blekinge Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : The main topic of this thesis concerns the study of how conflicting interests of software agents within an information ecosystem may cause cooperative behavior. Since such agents act on the behalf of their human owners, which often act in their own interest, this will sometimes result in malignant acts. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Karlstad : Karlstads universitet
Sammanfattning : BaksidestextThe Tor network was originally designed as low-latency anonymity network.However, as the years progressed, Tor earned a reputation as also being a useful tool to circumvent Internet censorship. At times, the network counted 30,000 users only from China. LÄS MER