Sökning: "Applied Geology."
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 152 avhandlingar innehållade orden Applied Geology..
1. Early Palaeozoic jawed polychaetes with focus on polychaetaspids and ramphoprionids from the Silurian of Gotland, SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Department of Geology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Jawed polychaete annelid worms were abundant and diverse in the early Palaeozoic seas and their jaws (scolecodonts) are common microfossils in sedimentary rocks of that age. Despite their abundance, relatively little work has been focused on these fossils. LÄS MER
2. The lower and middle Cambrian of Sweden: trilobites, biostratigraphy and intercontinental correlationDetta är en avhandling från Department of Geology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : This thesis is based on studies of Cambrian successions in Sweden, with particular focus on the middle Cambrian biostratigraphy and its correlative relationship to the proposed global agnostoid zonation. The investigated material, mainly trilobites, was collected from both outcrops and drill cores from five provinces in Sweden: Skåne (Scania), Öland, Västergötland, Jämtland and Lapland. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Geology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Magnetic and related properties of rocks and products from oxidation of sulphide minerals have been investigated with magnetisation measurements (rocks and oxidation products), magnetic force microscopy (rocks), scanning electron microscopy (rocks and oxidation products), transmission electron microscopy (oxidation products), Mössbauer spectroscopy (oxidation products) and powder X-ray diffraction (oxidation products). The investigations have shown the following: During thermal oxidation of pyrite (cubic FeS2) and marcasite (orthorombic FeS2) in air, nano-crystals of a-Fe2O3 and g-Fe2O3 were formed. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Quaternary Sciences, Department of Geology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Palaeoecological methods were applied to peat and sediment cores recovered from one bog (Bråtamossen) and two lakes (Avegöl and Femtingagölen) in the Småland Uplands, southern Sweden. The general aim was to reconstruct the landuse and vegetation history for the last 6000 years in this agriculturally marginal region. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Geological Sciences, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Our understanding of the Early Earth and the processes that have shaped its evolution have spawned predominantly from the geochemical and isotopic signatures of a small number of zircon populations around the world. Studies of trace element distributions, Hf and O isotope systematics as well as mineral inclusion chemistry in detrital zircon are combined with U-Pb chronology in order to constrain source rock characteristics. LÄS MER