Sökning: "Anna Qvarnström"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 avhandlingar innehållade orden Anna Qvarnström.
1. Sexual selection in the collared flycatcher (Ficedula albicollis) : A life-history perspective
Sammanfattning : This thesis integrates sexual selection theory with life history theory to elucidate the causes and consequences of variation in a male secondary sexual trait. The model organism, the collared flycatcher (Ficedula albicollis), was studied on Gotland, Sweden. LÄS MER
2. Avian Malaria and Interspecific Interactions in Ficedula Flycatchers
Sammanfattning : Parasitism is a core theme in ecological and evolutionary studies. Despite this, there are still gaps in our knowledge regarding host-parasite interactions in nature. LÄS MER
3. Avian malaria, life-history trade-offs and interspecific competition in Ficedula flycatchers
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the impact of avian malaria (Haemosporidia) parasites on the outcome of interspecific competition between two closely related bird species, pied (Ficedula hypoleuca) and collared (F. albicollis) flycatchers. LÄS MER
4. Speciation and Metabolic rate : Insights from an avian hybrid zone
Sammanfattning : The role of divergent climate adaptation in speciation has received surprisingly little scientific attention. My dissertation research focused on how resting metabolic rate (RMR) relates to the build up of prezygotic and postzygotic isolation in a natural Ficedula flycatcher hybrid zone. LÄS MER
5. Aposematism, Crypsis and Population Differentiation in the Strawberry Poison Frog
Sammanfattning : Evolutionary transitions between the two major predator avoidance strategies aposematism and crypsis are expected to be associated with changes in many important traits of animals. However, empirical studies on populations experiencing ongoing or recent transitions between these strategies are rare. LÄS MER