Sökning: "Animal Ecology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 258 avhandlingar innehållade orden Animal Ecology.
1. Evolutionary ecology of arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus (L.)) : Intra- and interspecific interactions in circumpolar populations
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines a suite of ecological and genetic mechanisms influencing the fundamental and realized niche borders of European and North American populations of the Arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus (L.)) species complex in allopatry as well as in sympatry with brown trout (Salmo trutta) or brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis). LÄS MER
2. Stopover Ecology of Mallards : Where, when and how to do what?
Sammanfattning : The mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) is the most numerous and widespread duck in the northern hemisphere and a model species in ecology and harvest management. Migration is a crucial life stage for many birds and understanding the drivers of migration has important implications for conservation biology and assessment of animal population responses to global changes. LÄS MER
3. The Evolution of Sexually Homologous Ornaments : Selection via Male Mate Choice Coinciding with Male-Male Competition in a Neotropical Mosquito
Sammanfattning : The evolution of elaborate male ornaments via sexual selection is well-understood while the selective pressures acting on female ornaments remains unresolved. Female ornaments in species with strong sexual selection on the male homologue of the ornament were originally thought to result from an intersexual genetic correlation. LÄS MER
4. Ecology, sexual selection and variable mating tactics in fallow deer (Dama dama)
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates ecological and evolutionary mechanisms behind the variation in male mating behaviour in fallow deer (Dama dama) populations. Two Swedish populations of fallow deer were studied, a semi-wild enclosed population on the island of Öland in the Baltic Sea (Ottenby), and a deer farm located north of Uppsala (Bälinge). LÄS MER
5. Ecology, tourism and management of harbour seals (Phoca vitulina)
Sammanfattning : In cases where human and wildlife are co-using the same geographical areas and resources, management issues often get complex and stakeholder conflicts are common. The Icelandic harbour seal (Phoca vitulina) population is rapidly decreasing, but direct culling of seals still occurs. LÄS MER