Sökning: "Animal Ecology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 265 avhandlingar innehållade orden Animal Ecology.
1. Evolutionary ecology of arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus (L.)) : Intra- and interspecific interactions in circumpolar populationsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines a suite of ecological and genetic mechanisms influencing the fundamental and realized niche borders of European and North American populations of the Arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus (L.)) species complex in allopatry as well as in sympatry with brown trout (Salmo trutta) or brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Växjö : Linnaeus University Press
Sammanfattning : The mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) is the most numerous and widespread duck in the northern hemisphere and a model species in ecology and harvest management. Migration is a crucial life stage for many birds and understanding the drivers of migration has important implications for conservation biology and assessment of animal population responses to global changes. LÄS MER
3. The Evolution of Sexually Homologous Ornaments Selection via Male Mate Choice Coinciding with Male-Male Competition in a Neotropical MosquitoDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The evolution of elaborate male ornaments via sexual selection is well-understood while the selective pressures acting on female ornaments remains unresolved. Female ornaments in species with strong sexual selection on the male homologue of the ornament were originally thought to result from an intersexual genetic correlation. LÄS MER
4. Biodiversity in Agricultural Landscapes: Landscape and Scale-Dependent Effects of Organic FarmingDetta är en avhandling från Department of Ecology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Declines in the distribution and abundance of many farmland species during recent decades have been attributed to agricultural intensification. Agri-environment schemes are commonly used in Europe to reduce this loss of farmland biodiversity, but their effectiveness may depend on several external factors. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Ecology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : During the last decades, the distribution and abundance of many European species of birds, plants and insects in agricultural landscapes have declined due to agricultural intensification. To be able to mitigate these declines, it is essential to know the relative importance on local and regional ecological processes on population persistence and patterns of species richness. LÄS MER