Sökning: "Anabolic Androgenic Steroids AAS"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 18 avhandlingar innehållade orden Anabolic Androgenic Steroids AAS.
1. Anabolic Androgenic Steroids : Effects on Neuropeptide Systems in the Rat Brain
Sammanfattning : Anabolic-androgenic steroids (AAS) have been used in clinics for decades. The misuse of AAS has previously been attributed merely to sport athletes, taking AAS with intentions to increase muscle mass, enhance physical performance and to improve results in competitions. LÄS MER
2. Anabolic Androgenic Steroids : Neurobiological Effects of Nandrolone, Testosterone, Trenbolone, and Stanozolol
Sammanfattning : The use of anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) for recreational purposes is a health concern, as long-term AAS-use in supraphysiological doses is associated with severe physical and psychological adverse effects. Several behavioral and cognitive problems are reported after long-term AAS-use, and alterations in brain morphology as well as neurotransmitter systems have been reported. LÄS MER
3. Anabolic Androgenic Steroids and Criminality
Sammanfattning : Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) have been associated with adverse psychiatric effects, aggression and violent behaviour. The use of them has spread to a larger subpopulation, and the use has been connected to different risk behaviours, such as use of other illicit substances and carrying a gun. LÄS MER
4. Anabolic Androgenic Steroids and the Brain : Studies of Neurochemical and Behavioural Changes Using an Animal Model
Sammanfattning : A new group of anabolic androgenic steroid (AAS) users has developed during the last two decades. This group consists primarily of young men interested in improving their physical appearance. Within this group, AAS are sometimes used together with other illicit drugs, alcohol and nicotine. LÄS MER
5. Growth Hormone and Anabolic Androgenic Steroids : Effects on Neurochemistry and Cognition
Sammanfattning : Growth hormone (GH) stimulates growth and metabolism but also displays profound effects on the central nervous system (CNS). GH affects neurogenesis and neuroprotection, and has been shown to counteract drug-induced apoptosis in the brain. LÄS MER