Sökning: "American philosophy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 66 avhandlingar innehållade orden American philosophy.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Almqvist & Wiksell International / Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this work is to detect a pattern: the concordance of Ethics and Aesthetics, Poetics and Politics in the most influential American thinker of the nineteenth century. It is an attempt to trace a basic concept of the Emersonian transcendentalist doctrine, its development, its philosophical meaning and practical implications. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Philosophy
Sammanfattning : In this dissertation on Hilary Putnam's philosophy, I investigate his development regarding meaning and necessity, in particular mathematical necessity. Putnam has been a leading American philosopher since the end of the 1950s, becoming famous in the 1960s within the school of analytic philosophy, associated in particular with the philosophy of science and the philosophy of language. LÄS MER
3. PROTOTYPING PLATEAU GEHRY_CONNECTIVES : Reading Frank Gehry’s experiments through Deleuze and GuattariDetta är en avhandling från Department of Architecture and Built Environment, Lund University
Sammanfattning : This thesis attempts to describe and interpret the design practice of an American architect, Frank O. Gehry through concepts developed by French philosopher Gilles Deleuze and his collaborator, French psychotherapist, philosopher and activist, Félix Guattari. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : In the late 1970s, the Turkish Mevlevi Sufi sheikh Süleyman Dede arrived from Konya, Turkey, in the United States. There he initiated a number of individuals primarily belonging to American esoteric groups as sheikhs in the Mevlevi order, known in Euro-America as the whirling dervishes. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : This doctoral thesis analyses the concept of risk and how it functions as an organizing principle of discourse, paying close attention to actual linguistic practice. Article 1 analyses the concepts of risk, safety and security and their relations based on corpus data (the Corpus of Contemporary American English). LÄS MER