Sökning: "Absolute fat"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 14 avhandlingar innehållade orden Absolute fat.
1. Dietary fat as an exposure in epidemiological studies. Observations in the Malmö Diet and Cancer cohortDetta är en avhandling från Irene Mattisson, University Hospital MAS, entrance 59, SE-20502 Malmö, Sweden
Sammanfattning : The aim was to explore the inherent meaning of total fat and to examine the associations between relative fat intake and postmenopausal breast cancer. Furthermore, the impacts of the alterations in dietary assessment routines are discussed. This thesis uses data from the Malmö Diet and Cancer study, a prospective cohort study. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Introduction: Physical inactivity, low aerobic fitness and obesity are all associated with an increased risk of a wide range of diseases in adults. Promotion of physical activity, improvement of aerobic fitness and regulation of body weight in children may be of importance, as low physical activity, low aerobic fitness and obesity early in life have been known to track into adulthood. LÄS MER
3. The effect of protein intake and physical exercise on energy turnover and substrate utilisation at energy balance in manDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The principal goal of the thesis has been to evaluate the effect of protein intake and physical exercise on energy turnover and substrate utilisation. Body composition assessment is of importance as an indicator of the energy balance. Therefore, in the first study the aim was to develop new models to estimate body composition more accurately. LÄS MER
4. Human body composition. Reference data and anthropometric equations. The metabolic syndrome and riskDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The determination of body composition is a key to the understanding of the relation between obesity and disease. In order to evaluate body composition data, reference values are needed. Since methods with high validity and reproducibility are expensive and often time consuming, simpler techniques based on anthropometry are needed. LÄS MER
5. Effects on cardiac output distribution of propranolol, verapamil and epidural blockade during continuous positive-pressure ventilation : An experimental study in the pigDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The blood perfusion of all body regions is governed by local vasoregulation, and systemic humoral and neural impulses provide additional tuning of vascular tone. Is the regulation of circulation centralised or, in other words, is the sympathetic nervous system (SNS) superior to local autoregulation of the perfusion of vital organs? Using the microsphere method and acquired data on the body composition of the pig, it was possible to interpret the absolute distribution of cardiac output (CO) and flux changes between organs and tissues. LÄS MER