Sökning: "A Shift Between Worlds"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 13 avhandlingar innehållade orden A Shift Between Worlds.
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund : Lunds universitet
Sammanfattning : Reality isn’t what it appears to be. Contexts are not always clear and visible. People don’t always say what they really mean. And they don’t always mean what they say. LÄS MER
2. Understanding regional dynamics of vulnerability : a historical approach to the flood problem in ChinaDetta är en avhandling från Worcester, Mass. : Clark University, Graduate School of Geography
Sammanfattning : Throughout its long history, China is among the world's most flood-prone and consequently the most experienced countries in coping with floods. This is a dissertation about developing a historical approach for understanding regional dynamic change of vulnerability to flood hazards in the Chinese context, and providing an analytic base for the country's shift of its flood management strategy from the current predominant and prevalent flood control approach to a broader and more comprehensive risk management paradigm. LÄS MER
3. Attitudes towards starting small business youth and local authorities in a changing labour market?Detta är en avhandling från Luleå : Luleå tekniska universitet
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to examine the extent to which a local authority can change the attitudes of its youth, away from public sector employment to the development of small business, through education. Traditionally the region of Norrbotten has favoured the public sector. LÄS MER
4. Conceptualizations of childhood, pedagogy and educational research in the postmodern : A critical interpretationDetta är en avhandling från Lund University
Sammanfattning : Over the last fifty years the debate between modernism and postmodernism has surfaced in the disciplines of social sciences. Epistemologically, there is a shift away from the concept of a “found” world, “out there”, objective, knowable and factual, towards a concept of “constructed” worlds, thus problematizing postulates based on the autonomous, stable, unified, essentialized, coherent and integrated subject capable of rational action, and opening up spaces for a new understanding of subjectivity that is based on provisionality and contingency. LÄS MER
5. Transformation to a Market Economy and Changing Social Values in China, Russia, and Eastern GermanyDetta är en avhandling från University of Bremen
Sammanfattning : As a social change, the sudden collapse of communism1 should well be remembered as one of the most formative events of the 20th century. As a political transformation, it caused an initial rush of euphoria within the 'victorious' West and a wave of hope followed by disillusionment for hundreds of millions in the newly ‘democratic’ sphere. LÄS MER