Sökning: "γδ T cells"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 17 avhandlingar innehållade orden γδ T cells.
1. Bacterial Regulation of Peripheral Immunity : Mechanistic insights from lactobacilli and Staphylococcus aureus
Sammanfattning : There is a constant cross-talk between our immune system and the colonizing microbiota. The gut resident bacteria produce a broad range of molecules with regulatory activities in both local and distal tissues. Staphylococcus (S. LÄS MER
2. Human intraepithelial lymphocytes : a comparative study of phenotype, morphology, and functional properties of intraepithelial lymphocytes in gut and oral mucosa
Sammanfattning : Human intraepithelial lymphocytes (IEL) constitute a unique cell population situated in the first line of defense of the alimentary tract. Here they are continuously exposed to a massive antigenic load of high complexity. However, different conditions prevail along the alimentary tract. LÄS MER
3. Human intestinal T lymphocytes : a comparative analysis of phenotype and function in normal and inflamed mucosa
Sammanfattning : The epithelial lining of the gut must allow immediate contact with beneficial components as nutrients and normal microflora. At the same time it runs the constant risk of attack from pathogenic microbes and noxious agents. LÄS MER
4. Immune cells in pregnant uterine mucosa : functional properties, cellular composition and tissue organization
Sammanfattning : The pregnant uterus mucosa - decidua - is an "immunologically privileged" site. A semiallogeneic embryo is allowed to survive, develop, and grow while the same tissue implanted outside the uterus will be rejected. The decidua basalis, which participates in the placenta formation, is a tissue rich in lymphoid cells. LÄS MER
5. Butyrophilin- and Butyrophilin-like genes and their role in epithelial cell-intraepithelial T lymphocyte cross-talk
Sammanfattning : More than 50% of our immune system is located in the gut. The intestinal epithelium, which forms an interface between the organism and the environment, harbors intraepithelial lymphocytes (IELs) that comprise a mixture of conventional αβ T cells and unconventional αβ- and γδ T cells. LÄS MER