Sökning: "rat strains"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 38 avhandlingar innehållade orden rat strains.
1. Deviant sexual behavior, hormones and sex-chromosomal relationship : A study in the spontaneously hypertensive rat (SHR)Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The general aim of the present thesis was to gain insight into some biological factors that influencedeviant sexual performance. Two inbred strains selectively bred (hypertension) from the same Wistarrat colony were used: the spontaneously hypertensive rat (SHR) and its normotensive progenitor theWistar Kyoto rat (WKY). LÄS MER
2. Development and Evaluation of Web Applications for Investigating Candidate Genes in Rat Models of Complex DiseasesDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Many human diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis and type 2 diabetes mellitus, have a very complex development, depending on both environmental and multiple genetic factors. By crossing inbred rat strains susceptible to a genetic disorder with strains resistant to the same disorder, genomic regions associated with the disease can be identified, so called quantitative trait loci (QTLs). LÄS MER
3. Inflammation in Parkinson’s Disease and Experimental Neural Transplantation. Role of Cellular Responses, Cytokines and Immunosuppression in Graft RejectionDetta är en avhandling från Bilal Mirza, Section for Neuronal Survival, BMC-A10, SE-221 84 Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : Abstract: Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a common neurodegenerative disorder. There is no proven protection, but many treatments can partially improve symptoms. The disease is caused by monogenetic mechanisms in very few cases, but for the majority of patients the etiology is unknown. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Peter Olofsson Kulgränden 11D 22649 Lund
Sammanfattning : The immune response is designed to protect the body from harmful microbial invasions. However, when the immune system attacks itself instead, an autoimmune reaction starts that damage our own cells, tissues and organs. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Impaired placentation and oxidative stress are proposed to play major roles in the pathogenesis of pre-eclampsia (PE). It has recently been pointed out that PE might be more than one disease and may have several different pathogeneses. LÄS MER