Sökning: "porcine brain tissue"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 avhandlingar innehållade orden porcine brain tissue.
1. Impact of Tissue Characteristics on Radio-Frequency Lesioning and Navigation in the Brain Simulation, experimental and clinical studiesDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Radio-Frequency (RF) lesioning, or RF ablation, is a method that uses high frequency currents for thermal coagulation of pathological tissue or signal pathways. The current is delivered from an electrode, which also contains a temperature sensor permitting control of the current at a desired target temperature. In the brain, RF lesioning can e.g. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköpings universitet
Sammanfattning : Radio frequency (RF) lesioning is a well well-known procedure within the field of stereotactic neurosurgery, commonly used for the treatment of movement disorders. During the intervention, an RF-electrode is inserted into the deeper parts of the brain, where a small volume of malfunctioning brain tissue will be coagulated. LÄS MER
3. Inflammation in Parkinson’s Disease and Experimental Neural Transplantation. Role of Cellular Responses, Cytokines and Immunosuppression in Graft RejectionDetta är en avhandling från Bilal Mirza, Section for Neuronal Survival, BMC-A10, SE-221 84 Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : Abstract: Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a common neurodegenerative disorder. There is no proven protection, but many treatments can partially improve symptoms. The disease is caused by monogenetic mechanisms in very few cases, but for the majority of patients the etiology is unknown. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, BMC, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Transplantation of embryonic human neural tissue can restore function in patients with Parkinson’s disease, but there is a severe shortage of donor tissue which limits the applicability of the technique. Embryonic neural tissue from other species, xenogeneic tissue, would provide a readily accessible donor tissue with the potential to help patients if the immunological reactions in the host could be prevented. LÄS MER
5. On optical methods for intracerebral measurements during stereotactic and functional neurosurgery Experimental studiesDetta är en avhandling från Institutionen för medicinsk teknik
Sammanfattning : Radio frequency (RF) lesioning and deep brain stimulation (DBS) are the two prevailing surgical treatments for movement disorders within the field of stereotactic and functional neurosurgery. For RF-lesioning, a small volume of brain tissue is coagulated and knowledge of the lesion size and growth is of great importance for the safety and outcome of the procedure. LÄS MER