Sökning: "Swedish for immigrants"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 164 avhandlingar innehållade orden Swedish for immigrants.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Institutet för social forskning (SOFI)
Sammanfattning : Recruiting Through Networks - Wage Premiums and Rewards to RecommendersThis paper examines the firm's use of recommenders in its recruiting process. In the model, recommenders possess personal information about the worker's ability and about the workplace. LÄS MER
2. Diet and Metabolic Risk Factors in Immigrant Women from the Middle East and Swedish-Born Women A Cross-Sectional Study of Women from Iran, Turkey and SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The increasing number of immigrants in Sweden during the past decades has brought the health of different ethnic groups into focus. Many groups of immigrants in Sweden have a higher risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and coronary heart disease (CHD) than a Swedish reference group. LÄS MER
3. Total hip replacement in immigrants and Swedish patients. Evaluation of preoperative care, socioeconomic background, patient-reported outcomes and risk of reoperationDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : Surgery involving Total Hip Arthroplasty (THA) aims to reduce pain, and improve mobility, function and quality of life in patients with osteoarthritis, when non-surgical treatment has failed. Despite good or excellent results in the majority of patients, some of them are dissatisfied. This variability in outcome may depend on several factors. LÄS MER
4. Svenska för invandrarskap? Språk, kategorisering och identitet inom utbildningsformen Svenska för invandrareDetta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitet
Sammanfattning : The overall purpose of this thesis and the four independent studies it builds upon is to examine how categorizations and identity positions are constructed and negotiated in the educational program Swedish for immigrants (SFI) both historically and among participants in the program at the beginning of the 21th century. The analytical focus is on the discourses that frame the development of the SFI program with a specific interest in categorizations and identity in relation to gender, language and national belonging. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitet
Sammanfattning : This dissertation examines the labor market outcomes of a population of natives and immigrants in Sweden from 1968 and until 2001. Previous research has consistently pointed to the importance of an individual’s country of origin, without being able to fully explain why this is the case. LÄS MER