Sökning: "Karolinska Institutet."
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7480 avhandlingar innehållade orden Karolinska Institutet..
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Institute of Environmental Medicine
Sammanfattning : Recurrent wheezing is one of the most common causes of morbidity and hospitalisation among infants and young children in many westernised countries. Respiratory infections and exposure to tobacco smoke have been identified as important risk factors. The indoor environment is also clearly of importance since we spend most of our time indoors. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Institutet University Library
Sammanfattning : Mental health issues are medical problems getting increased attention throughout the world, and depression, only one among several types of mental illnesses, are currently reported as the second leading cause of disability world wide by the World Health Organization. Along this development, increased number of psychiatric diagnoses and increased utilization of medication can be observed. LÄS MER
3. Evaluation and treatment of pelvic organ prolapse : Clinical, radiological and histopathological aspectsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Institutet at Danderyds Hospital
Sammanfattning : Objective: To assess the use of cystodefecoperitoneography (CDP) in clinical and radiological diagnosis of cystocele; to study the correlation between clinical and radiological findings at CDP and to evaluate if anatomical topography and structural abnormality corresponds to symptomatic presentation when assessing posterior vaginal wall prolapse; to evaluate if xenograft used at rectocele repair was associated with adverse clinical and histological inflammatory reactions; to prospectively examine if rectocele repair using xenograft is a safe method providing satisfactory clinical and symptomatical outcome; and to investigate the prevalence and risk factors of genital prolapse and urinary incontinence in female patients operated for rectal prolapse. Methods: The following methods were used: The Pelvic organ prolapse quantification system (POPQ), CDP, bowel function questionnaires, pelvic floor surveys, histological, histopathological and clinical inflammatory quantification. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Institutet at Danderyds Hospital
Sammanfattning : Background: Cervical carcinoma is the third most common malignant disease in women worldwide. The absolute frequency of adenocarcinoma of cervix uteri has increased during the last decade and accounts for about 15-20% of invasive cervical cancers. LÄS MER
5. A clinical study of uncemented hip arthroplasty : Radiological findings of host-bone reaction to the stemDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Institutet at Danderyds Hospital
Sammanfattning : In total hip arthroplasty (THA), the main reason for failure leading to revision is aseptic loosening. Both mechanical and biological effects act in the loosening process, the factors may be implant design, fixation mode or technique, as well as biological factors unique to the individual. LÄS MER