Sökning: "Global City"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 97 avhandlingar innehållade orden Global City.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to increase our understanding of the Global City’s pursuit of what can be regarded as independent foreign and security policies, despite the fact that such policies have traditionally been considered to be a core function of central governments. By studying how the Global City’s role in the globalized world is constructed in local public narratives as the local government develops and pursues specific international policies, the thesis argues, we can come closer to an understanding of what it means to be and to govern a Global City, and why its local government find it to be in the city’s interest to claim international political authority. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Almqvist & Wiksell International
Sammanfattning : This dissertation analyses the consequences of seemingly placeless processes like the European integration and the increasing economic globalisation on Brussels and the people living there. The study shows that Brussels has become one of our time's most important international political capitals and a leading business node in Europe. LÄS MER
3. Becoming your own doctor. Healthcare-seeking, stigma, and related challenges among persons with same-sex sexuality in East AfricaDetta är en avhandling från Lund University, Faculty of Medicine
Sammanfattning : The health among men and women with same-sex sexuality experience, i.e. attraction to and/or sexual relations with someone of the same sex, in Sub-Saharan Africa is an increasing public health concern. Prior research on men who have sex with men (MSM) has demonstrated that their healthcare utilisation is limited due to stigma and discrimination. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis
Sammanfattning : Consumption forms and is formed by the city. How, when and where commodities are transacted is essential in this urban drama of mutual relationships. This thesis explores how consumption and everyday life in cities are interrelated. LÄS MER
5. Forced repatriation of unaccompanied asylum-seeking refugee children towards an interagency modelDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Introduction Not all children seeking asylum without parents or other relatives are entitled to residence permits. In the last few years, more than one in four unaccompanied asylum-seeking refugee children have been forced to repatriate, either to their home country or to a transit country. LÄS MER