Sökning: "Genetic disposition"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 21 avhandlingar innehållade orden Genetic disposition.
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : A molecule that is not identical to its mirror image is said to be chiral. A racemic mixture, or a racemate, is one that has equal amounts of S- and R-enantiomers of a chiral molecule. Two examples of frequently prescribed racemic drugs are the antidepressants venlafaxine (VEN) and citalopram (CIT). LÄS MER
2. On the hypersensitivity syndrome induced by the selective serotonin reuptake inhibiting antidepressant Zimeldine : A clinical and experimental studyDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköpings universitet
Sammanfattning : Zimeldine, the first selective neuronal serotonin (5-H1) reuptake inhibitor to be registered as an antidepressant was withdrawn from common use due to an acute flu-like adverse syndrome comprising fever, myalgia and/or arthralgia and signs of disturbed liver function. A few of these patients also developed a peripheral neuropathy, in the most serious form a Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Sammanfattning : The main purpose of this thesis was to identify genetic risk factors using both hypothesis-based and hypothesis-free approaches. In an attempt to identify common disease susceptibility alleles for breast cancer, we started off with a hypothesis-free approach, and performed a combined analysis of three genome-wide association studies (GWAS), involving 2,702 women of European ancestry with invasive breast cancer and 5,726 controls. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Laboratory Medicine
Sammanfattning : Anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) are derivatives of testosterone. Doping with AAS is a severe challenge to the vision, moral and ethics in sports and has also become an increasing problem in society. Testosterone abuse is conventionally assessed by the urinary testosterone glucuronide/ epitestosterone glucuronide (T/E) ratio, levels above 4. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Drug transport across cells and cell membranes in the human body is crucial for the pharmacological effect of drugs. Active transport governed by transport proteins plays an important role in this process. A vast number of transport proteins with a wide tissue distribution have been identified during the last 15 years. LÄS MER