Sökning: "European Youth Heart Study"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden European Youth Heart Study.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases (CVD), particularly coronary heart disease (CHD) and cerebrovascular disease, are today major causes of death in the industrialised parts of the world. There are evidence to suggest that the atherosclerotic process starts in childhood, implying that preventive measures should be implemented already in children and adolescents. LÄS MER
2. Associations between physical activity and metabolic risk factors in children and adolescents : The European Youth Heart Study (EYHS)Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Biosciences and Nutrition
Sammanfattning : Background: Sedentary lifestyles and concomitant behaviours such as smoking and poor dietary habits are increasingly implied in the rise of non communicable diseases which have become a major cause of morbidity and death not only in high income countries but also in lower income countries. This development makes it increasingly important to study aetiological factors that are linked to features of the metabolic syndrome in children and adolescents. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Background: Type 2 diabetes is thought to result from interactions between genetic and lifestyle factors, but few robust examples exist. The overarching aim of this thesis was to discover such interactions by studying cohorts of white youth and adults from northern Europe in which physical activity, genotypes, and diabetes-related traits or diabetes incidence had been ascertained. LÄS MER
4. Intake of fruit and vegetables in European children and their mothers, folate intake in Swedish children and health indicators : Overweight, plasma homocysteine levels and school performanceDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medical Nutrition
Sammanfattning : An adequate fruit and vegetable intake provides essential nutrients and nutritive compounds and is considered an important part of a healthy lifestyle. Within the Pro Children project, an instrument for assessment of fruit and vegetable intake was developed, for use in nine European countries. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Biosciences and Nutrition
Sammanfattning : Background Knowing what children and adolescents eat, how stable their diets are, and how diet relates to other chronic disease risk factors are important issues for public health nutrition. Setting and design In 1998-9, 1120 children (grade 3) and adolescents (grade 9) took part in the European Youth Heart Study in Sweden. LÄS MER