Sökning: " geomorphology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 61 avhandlingar innehållade ordet geomorphology.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Analysis of digital elevation models (DEMs) by means of geomorphometry provides means of recognising fractures and characterising the morphotectonics of an area in a quantitative way. The objective of the thesis is to develop numerical methods and a consistent GIS methodology for tectonic geomorphology and apply it to test sites. LÄS MER
2. Landscape partitioning and burial processes of soil organic carbon in contrasting areas of continuous permafrostDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Physical Geography, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Recent studies have shown that permafrost soils in the northern circumpolar region store almost twice as much carbon as the atmosphere. Since soil organic carbon (SOC) pools have large regional and landscape-level variability, detailed SOC inventories from across the northern permafrost region are needed to assess potential remobilization of SOC with permafrost degradation and to quantify the permafrost carbon-climate feedback on global warming. LÄS MER
3. Accident Risk and Environmental Assessment : Development of an Assessment Guideline with Examination in Northern ScandinaviaDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Kulturgeografiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In environmental impact assessment (EIA), accident risk should be considered as one impact. However, few studies have compared assessed risk levels with documented accidents. There is thus a need for assessing accuracy of risk assessment methodologies. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Physical Geography and Quaternary Geology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The thesis objective is to use lake sediments to investigate the relationships between chironomids, as proxy for temperature, and δ18O and minerogenic in-wash, as precipitation proxies, in northern Sweden during the Late Holocene. Three lakes along a N–S transect in the Scandes were studied using biological, geochemical and physical sediment properties, together with numerical methods. LÄS MER
5. Marginal behaviour of the last Scandinavian Ice Sheet during its final termination and deglaciation over Northeastern GermanyDetta är en avhandling från Quaternary Sciences, Department of Geology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents results from studies on geomorphology, lithostratigraphy and ice flow patterns during the final termination and deglaciation of the last Scandinavian Ice Sheet in NE Germany. Ice flow patterns derived from till fabrics and glaciotectonical data indicate that short-lived marginal domes had formed during the advance and the retreat of the last Scandinavian Ice Sheet in NE Germany. LÄS MER